Soft-Mapping School: project navigator for developing soft skills
The project navigator “SMS” has been implemented at the LUNN since 2010.
It is an integrated multifunctional area designed for modelling a vast soft skills spectrum of students pursuing a degree in Humanities:
- operational thinking,
- project management and self-management,
- motivation and self-motivation,
- digital literacy,
- network management,
- ability to work in the international environment,
- multilingualism, multiculturalism and as a result, deep understanding and interpretation of multilayered ethno-cultural situational and behavioral contexts, etc.
Altogether, these soft-skills listed above contribute to effective international interaction, mentoring, partnership and harmonious development of students.
The project navigator is personalized, that allows every student to determine their individual soft-skill track, both qualitative and quantitative, among the alternatives for boosting soft skills:
World Festival of Youth and Students “In This Big World”;
- International Mentoring Art Project for Youth “World Song”;
- International Volunteering School “iVo-LUNN-teer” and interuniversity training for developing student council and project activities “Lider”;
- International Choir Assembly “Coro di Linguisti”;
- International Youth Mobile Film Festival “DOBRO & LUBOV”;
- International Youth Educational Forum “Youth Chooses LIFE”;
- International Eco-Forum #HomEco;
- Interactive Students Channel #LUNNOnAri, etc.
The project navigator keeps transforming and actualizing based on the value-based, professional and personal attitude of the youth.
The most important practices of the students’ project activities at the LUNN:
Agenda for development of student associations in 2017
State Competitions of youth projects held among institutions of higher education and individuals