This project is implemented by the Department of Additional Professional Education for Foreign Students and the students from the LUNN United Students Council since 2010. The goal of the project is to diminish social, ethnical and religious aggression, promote tolerance in the sphere of intercultural and international communication.
This festival is a two-time winner of the Russian National Youth Projects Competition amid the educational establishments of higher education in the years 2018 and 2019 respectively. The festival receives grant subsidies from the Federal Youth Agency (Rosmolodezh), the Youth Resource Center, the National League of Student Clubs.
This project involves a two-day International festival and a competition for young students “This Great World” for Russian and foreign university students, students of specialised secondary educational establishments and members of diaspora. This event is one of the biggest and spectacular youth international events in the region.
· Platform for efficient social and cultural adaptation of foreign citizens to Russian local cultural peculiarities;
· Participants: representatives from more than 50 countries across the world.
· Mentioned more than 60 times in regional, federal and international media.
· More than 50 various events are held during the Festival
Working language of the event – Russian.
The Festival involves the following events:
1) Roundtables on the following topics:
· Alexander Pushkin in my life
· Healthy lifestyle
· National language and culture during the era of globalization
· Volunteer movements in my country
· Youth interests in the XXI century
· Russian art and the world
· “Culture ecology as ecology of life”
· Nizhny Novgorod is a microcosm of Russia
2) Photo collage exhibition-contest:
· “Russia through foreigners’ eyes”,
· “I choose peace”,
· “Russian nature”
· “People’s faces”
3) Essay competition:
· “Nizhny Novgorod and its part in Russian history and culture”,
· “War doesn’t have a woman’s face”
· “What Russian language means to me”
· “Russian language in my country”
· “Mysterious Russian soul”
· “My favourite Russian writer”
· “My first encounter with Russia”; “My favourite Russian city”.
4) Workshop on intercultural communication:
· “XXI century: the language of tolerance, not conflicts”
5) National fair:
· Presentation of national costumes,
· Workshops demonstrating the peculiarities of the national culture;
6) Quiz game “I Know and Love Russia”
7) Phonetic competition “We Speak Russian”
8) National Cultures Gala-Concert:
· Traditional songs,
· Short scenes displaying traditional сelebrations,
· Reading of Russian literature
· Stage plays and etc.
The Festival is held in close cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Science and Youth Policy of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, the Department of International Relations of the Government of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, the Committee on International Relations of the Nizhny Novgorod City Administration, Youth Chamber under the City Duma of Nizhny Novgorod, national diaspora; the Festival also receives wide media coverage.
All the categories of the competitions are evaluated by the expert jury, i.e. staff members of the LUNN Department of Additional Professional Education for Foreign Students and outside experts. At the end of the Festival delegations and some of the participants will get diplomas, goblets and souvenirs.
Natalia Makshantseva, Dean of the Department of Additional Professional Education for Foreign Students
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +7 910 3914616
Phone: 8 (831) 416-60-02
The world sings in unison with #WorldSong!
The competition traces back to 2011 when the voices of representatives of various nationalities and cultures sounded as one in the city on the Volga River! The Linguistic University is the epicenter and the one and only leader of this wonderful celebration of art and communication.
The first and, it is needed to acknowledge, a very successful experience of holding this competition became a resonant overture symbolizing its many voiced and harmonious way of evolvement and expansion! These are only few climax moments of our incredible life…
In 2017 the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and Russian Students Center firstly praised the project in the framework of the Program for development of student organizations activities. As a result, the project received vast federal grant support.
In 2018 we have cemented this successful experience and became the winners of the Russian National Competition of Youth University Projects 2018 under the auspices of the Federal Youth Agency (Rosmolodezh) and the Youth Federal Resource Center. In 2019 we were successful for the third time because our renewed and modernized project won the grant support from Rosmolodezh for the second time.
Unprecedented federation support let us move the project to an absolutely new level and to hold the final concert on the center venues of Nizhny Novgorod, i.e. at Pushkin Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre (2017, 2018), at the Arsenal National Centre of Contemporary Arts (October 3d, 2019), located at the heart of Nizhny Novgorod, the Kremlin!
Over the years of its existence “World Song” has over and over again proudly made itself known to the Administration of the Nizhegorodsky District of Nizhny Novgorod, Soviet District’s Culture Center, Glinka Nizhny Novgorod State Conservatoire, Rukavishnikov's mansion, “RIO” shopping mall and also to many places far away from the Nizhny Novgorod region.
The organizing committee of the competition extents its appreciation and gratitude to the following social and information partners, thanks to which the world song sounds with the feeling of confidence about its future:
the Nizhny Novgorod Region Government , the Legislative Assembly of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, Nizhny Novgorod City Administration, Administration of the Nizhegorodsky District of Nizhny Novgorod, Nizhny Novgorod Regional Branch of the Russian Public Organization “Russian Union of Youth”, VK – Nizhny Novgorod, Students City Council under the Department of Social Policy of the Nizhny Novgorod City Administration, Glinka Nizhny Novgorod State Conservatoire, Nizhny Novgorod Balakirev College of Music, Nizhny Novgorod Governorate College, event agency “Pulse”, Nizhny Novgorod music label “Golden Mic”, musical café “SanRemo”, “Must Have” eco market and beauty studio, “Onegin” restaurant, LUNN Volunteer Corps “iVo-LUNN-teer, etc.
Students and representatives of working youth from the Russian Federation, China, Germany, Great Britain, Tanzania, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Peru, Zimbabwe, Cote D'Ivoire, Mongolia, Korea, Argentina, Morocco, Pakistan, Armenia, UAE, Algeria, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and so on took part in the “World Song” competition! It’s more than 21 countries in total! And this is just the beginning! We are moving forward to the new heights and we are getting more promising!
In 2019, serious steps were taken towards expanding not only the geographical specter of the competition, but also the creative potential of the project, which was firstly launched in Moscow. And today we proudly announce that the producer, public figure and co-chairman of the jury of the “World Song” art project Andrei Razin will greet the participants of the gala concert.
The project represents a complex art platform for shaping flexible soft skills of students majoring in humanities:
· Self-management and project management,
· Systematic organizational thinking,
· Ability to work in the international team,
· Multilingualism, multiculturalism, understanding of ethnic and cultural background, which all in all helps to develop international mentorship and multicultural creative cooperation.
The competition has two stages:
· "World Song: Song of the World" – a song contest in a foreign language for students and working youth aged 18 to 35;
· Career guiding mentoring project "Song of the World: Favorite Songs in a Foreign Language" for young people under 18 held in the format of a festival and a competition, in which the winners and prize-winners of the adult stage of the competition share their experience with young artists and the general public.
The main condition for participation in the competition is the performance of the musical composition in a foreign language for the participant.
The program of events includes:
· competitive hearings in the following nominations: "Academic Vocal" (solo, vocal ensemble), "Pop Vocal" (solo, vocal ensemble), "Folk Vocal" (solo, vocal ensemble), "Music Video" (full-time and remote participation available), "Musical Theater", "Original Song";
· International Discussion Club "Music without Borders: Dialogue of Cultures";
· Mentoring creative space for the exchange of experience "Success Stories" with the presentation of workshops on vocal and stage skills;
· Gala concert at the central concert venue in Nizhny Novgorod involving the best performers, experts and guests of honor,
· Concert tour “World Song Stars” with the participation of the production center “World Song: LUNN” (mentor: Russian musician and producer Andrei Razin).
As a result of the project, the activities of the Nizhny Novgorod international art community are being improved, the creative self-determination of the participants is ensured, the integration with the other art projects is enabled.
The laureates of the competition perform at the best concert venues in the city, region, country and the world, become popular actors in opera houses (our winners give joy to the audience on the stages of the Mariinsky Theater, Pushkin Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre and the others), perform in musicals, actively give concerts and receive professional recognition! We are proud of our “graduates”. The winner of the Grand Prix of the World Song competition 2016 and the finalist of the super project "Voice" on Channel One Russia, Roman Vtyurin, deserves our special attention.
#WorldSong is a sparkling creativity and an opportunity to completely free express oneself; it is perhaps the only INTERNATIONAL competition in the region held on a NON-PROFIT basis.
Official Website of the project: https://www.worldsongcontest.org/
ASK A QUESTION
ORGANISING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Information transmitted via computer networks possesses a great potential of influencing a person. The informative and qualitative characteristics of this projection of social impact in the modern youth environment become especially relevant.
This festival, initiated by the LUNN United Students Council, is a two-day communication platform for creative interaction and exchange of experience among young people from different countries; the festival uses digital technologies for the individual broadcast of positive content in the Internet space that unites the basic universal values of kindness and love.
The event consists of 3 stages:
1. Conducting interactive workshops online with the members of the expert jury of the Festival and experts on creating advanced video content on the LUNN media center platform that meets the requirements of the competition; the platform was created within the framework of the Project;
2. Direct implementation and competitive reviews in nominations ("Best Mobile Movie", "My story about the Great Patriotic War in honour of the 75th anniversary of the Great Victory", "LOVE STORY – stories about love", "The kindest movie", "The best original movie "," Best movie on the Internet – according to the results of voting in the official VK group "," Best animated video "," Best family video ");
3. Analyzing the qualitative and quantitative results of the project, summing up the results.
In 2020 the Project received grant support from the Federal Youth Agency (Rosmolodezh) and the Youth Resource Center.
Project’s social partners:
· Russian Centers of Science and Culture (Rossotrudnichestvo) in the Republic of Moldova and the Czech Republic
· Taras Shevchenko Transnistria State University
· Alisher Navoi Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature
· Legislative Assembly of the Nizhny Novgorod region
· Ministry of Culture of the Nizhny Novgorod region
· Ministry of Education, Science and Youth Policy of the Nizhny Novgorod Region
· Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum
· Nizhny Novgorod Students City Council
· Nizhny Novgorod Department of Education
· Administration of the Nizhegorodsky District of Nizhny Novgorod, Federal Youth Agency (Rosmolodezh)
· Youth Council under the Administration of the Nizhegorodsky District of Nizhny Novgorod
At the time of the Project, Nizhny Novgorod becomes the world capital of choir art. The International Choir Assembly "Coro di Linguisti" is an event of an unprecedented scale, which traditionally brings together over 800 singers. The best voices of Russia and foreign countries sound as one, filling the city over the Volga River with a great variety of melodies and dialects of the world. That is why the organizers of the festival see the main aim of the Assembly as follows "to speak about things that unite all countries and continents, i.e. about peace, love and friendship through choir singing using different languages".
The organizers of "Coro di Linguisti" are LUNN and the Non-profit Association "Promotion of Art and Creativity" with the support of the Federal Youth Agency "Rosmolodezh" and the Youth Resource Center (Moscow).
The participants of the Assembly are choirs and representatives from Serbia, Latvia, Belarus, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Samara, Kirov, Izhevsk, Cherepovets, Naberezhnye Chelny, Pavlovo and other cities. It’s more than 25 professional and amateur ensembles in total.
The International Choir Assembly "Coro di Linguisti" was held in 2018 for the first time, and was marked by the creation of the first Consolidated Choir of the world's linguistic universities in Russia.
Artistic Director of the Choir Assembly “Coro di Linguisti” Maxim Ivanov says:
“I am convinced that only a friendly, collaborating atmosphere can show each team from the best side to the fullest extent. And we are glad that in 2020 we will host here in Nizhny Novgorod both ensembles from the capital cities and foreign ensembles, and artists from the remote parts of Russia. We are waiting for our old friends to come, i.e. the choir from Novi Sad (Serbia), the twin city of Nizhny Novgorod; the professional choir "Resurrection" from the city of Cherepovets; our colleagues from the MGIMO choir and, of course, all our friends. Youth and children ensembles will take part in the Assembly, and even the pop choir Mam from the city of Balashikha will come. I am sure that such a variety will be incredibly interesting for the Nizhny Novgorod audience".
VK group: https://vk.com/coro.linguisti